Why are we so silent?

Last month, I sat in a room with 8 girls, speaking to them about God’s value of women. I mentioned that 1 out of 4 girls in Canada are sexually assaulted by the age of 20. Without prompting 2 girls lifted their hands. “I’m a statistic” said one. “me too.” said the other (which was me).

We had proven that stat correct.

1 out of 4 women in that room, last month, had been victims of some form of sexual violation.

So why is it, that no one ever talks about it?

Is it because we think it is acceptable? Or not our problem? Or perhaps, it’s too awkward, or too painful?

I know I am generally the happy/go lucky encouraging blogger, and I am not focusing on this topic of sex in our culture this week, because I’m vengeful, or it’s stirred up my past and I am bitter all over again. Not at all, God has delivered me from such deep pain and I can honestly say about my life, exactly what Joseph said to his brothers…

You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. Genesis 50:20 (NIV)

I feel God won’t let this issue die yet, because he is passionate to see women, (and the men who are victim as well to sexual assault) set free, and He is passionate to see this Cultural Sex Ship turned around and sailing in the right waters.

 

So here is my provoking question today…

 

 

If 1% of date rapes are reported, what is muzzling the other 99% of women?

 

I am so extremely proud of the women who have come forward in the recent days. Ladies, you are worth a voice, because you are of value. The more you push past your fear, the more you speak up, the less power this culture gains in this area. I once stood trial against my abuser, 15 years after the abuse had occurred, and the judge said he was “moved by my story” and sentenced my abuser. The abuser whined on the stand that “this accusation had ruined his life.” I wasn’t moved by his story.

I cannot express enough, how important it is to talk to your kids about this, to talk to your church about this, to talk to your men about this! The more men and women who speak up against sexual immorality and violation, the better chance our daughters and sons will have in this sex crazed culture.

 

Culture begins in the home.

 

I had the privilege again to guest post for To Love Honour and Vacuum, for the Queen of Sex, Sheila Wray Gregoire. She’s never shy’d away from these tough topics and God has really blessed her for her brave voice. Please head on over and read my latest article. Leave some comment love here and there too! 

HELPING OUR DAUGHTERS NAVIGATE THROUGH A SEXUALLY AGGRESSIVE CULTURE. 

 

Sexually-Aggressive-Culture

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If you have been a victim of sexual abuse, and are finding it hard to get past that in your life, I want you to know how loved you are, how pure you are, and how that experience doesn’t have to gag you anymore. Even if you are not a Christian, please check back tomorrow for my WEEKLY DEVOTIONALS , as I talk about what God’s response is toward the violated woman. 

Stay connected to my latests posts and other funny, serious, and inspiring messages by liking and subscribing to my Facebook Page. 

 

Have a great day and talk about SEX a lot! 

signature

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WordPress spam blocked by CleanTalk.